I thought I’d write a blog about ways that you can help to promote my book. Yes, as an author, I understand it is my job to promote my books, but let’s face it, in today’s book market the more promotion you have the better off you are. That’s where you come in as my readers. I want you to understand something before you read my list of ways that you can help to promote my books. Please understand that for me, promoting my book is not about sales, it is about something far more important. I write books to promote messages of self-acceptance and equality for all. I am a very strong advocate for myself and others with disabilities and my writing is a big part about. I want my messages of self-acceptance and equality to be seen by as many people as possible which is why it’s important to promote my books. I truly believe, and I’m hopeful, that my messages will make a positive impact on the world someday, but that can only happen if the messages are shared by people everywhere. Now that you know the importance of promoting my books, please read over this list of ways that readers can help to promote them and do whatever you can to help. Thank you very much in advance.
1. Tell other people about my books. Word of mouth makes more of an impact than you think so please tell everyone you know. Please be sure to tell any sports teams or extracurricular groups that any children you know are involved with. My books are geared towards children and young adults ages 8 to 15, but people outside of that age group have enjoyed the books as well. Once again, please be sure to tell everyone you know.
2. Submit a book review on Amazon, b&n.com, Goodreads, and other websites. As I have said in previous blog posts, reviews can make all the difference.
3. “Like” and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media websites and share my posts on your social media. Millions of people use social media in this day and age, so it important to promote any business or product via social media.
4. Read blog posts on my website and comment on the discussions as well as the social media posts connected to them. It is so much more fun to promote my books when I can interact with my readers.
5. Join the VIP reader email list on my website and encourage your friends to do so. Joining the list will allow you to stay up-to-date on everything going on with my books. I write emails about things like book promotions, giveaways, and writing projects I’m working on. If that interests you, please join the list.
Again, please read over this list and help promote my books in any way that you can. Happy reading and, as always, until next time don’t forget to love yourself just the way you are :-).